How to join the IDS Project?
Any library within New York State is encouraged to join the IDS Project. There is a $700 fee associated with
membership; and members must subscribe to OCLC, the ILLiad Resource Sharing Management system and Empire Library Delivery.
If you are interested in joining the IDS Project, please contact Mark Sullivan, the Project Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-245-5172.
Benefits of joining the IDS Project
- Emphasis on building “a unified community of trust & support”
- Unmediated article request management
- Workflow services and tools: Workflow Toolkit, GIST, Mentors, Training, etc.
- Real-time and multi-level ILL transaction performance data analytic tools for performance and programmatic evaluation (TPAM)
- Trained teams of volunteer mentors (applications & technical)
- User-centric definition of an ILL transaction
- Handle both physical items (books, media, etc.) and articles
- Contractual performance benchmarks
- Objective data for decision making & policy development
- Extensive sharing of eJournals
- No charges for loans among IDS libraries
- Commitment of talent and time of members